- Course Enquiry
- Course Description
- Course Structure
|Program Name||M.Tech in Structural Engineering|
|Program Specific Enquiries:||0863-2344745|
|Admission Enrollment and General Enquiries:||0863-2344777, 1800-425-2529
|HoD Contact Number||9443061129|
M.Tech in Structural Engineering is one of the Post graduate programs offered by Department of Civil Engineering of Vignanís Foundation for science, Technology and Research University. This program is aimed at providing inputs in the areas of advanced structural analysis, advanced reinforced concrete and steel structures, innovative construction materials, plates and shells, bridges etc.
The department is also involved in research and project consultancy in the areas like structural masonry, earth quake engineering, alternate building materials etc. These topics would help the post graduates to design, analyze and find solutions for practical problems.
- An ability to understand and perform research by identifying the nature of the information required; investigating sources of information, including professionals, texts, databases, and the Internet; organizing the information by employing a variety of techniques such as, spreadsheets, graphs, tables, and charts; and examining the information to select the most relevant, important, and useful for Structural engineering .
- An ability to identify and define problems, gathering data related to the problem, generating and prioritizing a set of alternative solutions, and selecting and implementing the best alternative with an exposure to relevant codes.
- An ability to analyze, design, detailing, estimation and costing of Structural components with high level of competency.
- An ability to lead, manage and be productive in a multidisciplinary team.
- An ability to use the techniques, skills, and advanced modern engineering tools, instrumentation and software packages necessary for engineering practice.
- An ability to recognize the need for and to engage in continual learning through sustained education to meet the challenging and demand - driven needs of the construction field.
- An ability to communicate effectively.
One Year Internship programme is offered in curriculum in final year, so that the student can have a rich experience with the best practices in industry and able to mould himself with the environment of industry. In addition to it, conferences and workshops are conducted regularly motivating students towards research